Methods:Acetone Protein Precipitation
You can help EcoliWiki by editing the content of this page. For information about becoming a registered user and obtaining editing privileges, see Help:Accounts.
Ice cold Acetone
1. Mix sample with at least two volumes of ice cold Acetone
2. Place on ice (or in –20C) for minimum 1 hour
3. Centrifuge at 13,000 rpm (4C) for 5 minutes (length of spin depends on sample volume)
4. Remove supernatant materials & save on ice
5. Rinse pellet with ice cold acetone
6. Centrifuge at 13,000 rpm (4C) for 5 minutes (length of spin depends on sample volume)
7. Remove supernatant materials and discard
8. Air dry the pellet
9. Resuspend in buffer of choice
- Taken from Chapter 1 of the DIGE Training Manual
See Help:References for how to manage references in EcoliWiki.