Methods:Mitomycin C Sensitivity Assay
You can help EcoliWiki by editing the content of this page. For information about becoming a registered user and obtaining editing privileges, see Help:Accounts.
- LB Plates containing 0.5µg/ml of mitomycin C (abbreviated MMC)
Taken from Lopez et al. (2005)
- Grow culture to mid-logarithmic phase (OD600 = 0.4)
- Serially dilute the cultures (1:10 dilutions)
- Plate on LB + 0.5µg/ml MMC and on plates w/o antibiotic
- Incubate overnight (up to 72 hours)
Other Usage Examples
- Identifying genes involved in the DNA damage response
See Help:References for how to manage references in EcoliWiki.
- Lopez, CR et al. (2005) A role for topoisomerase III in a recombination pathway alternative to RuvABC. Mol. Microbiol. 58 80-101 PubMed EcoliWiki page
- Khil, PP & Camerini-Otero, RD (2002) Over 1000 genes are involved in the DNA damage response of Escherichia coli. Mol. Microbiol. 44 89-105 PubMed EcoliWiki page