You can help EcoliWiki by editing the content of this page. For information about becoming a registered user and obtaining editing privileges, see Help:Accounts.
See Help:Databases for more information about databases in EcoliWiki.
A next-generation resource for knowledge and data about the biology of Escherichia coli laboratory strains, its bacteriophages, plasmids and mobile genetic elements.
PI: Paul Thomas, USC
PortEco is a next generation resource for everything about laboratory strains of Escherichia coli, its phages, plasmids and mobile genetic elements.
For more information about PortEco, please click here.
PortEco Leadership Team
- Paul D. Thomas, University of Southern California, PI
- Jim Hu, Texas A&M University, PI
- Gavin Sherlock, Stanford University, PI
- Peter D. Karp, SRI International
- Deborah Siegele, Texas A&M University
PortEco Steering Committee
- Carol Gross, University of California, San Francisco, chair
- Richard Gourse, University of Wisconsin, co-chair
- Carol Bult, The Jackson Laboratory
- Rex Chisholm, Northwestern University
- Roger Hendrix, University of Pittsburgh
- Terence Hwa, University of California, San Diego
- Arkady Khodursky, University of Minnesota
- Tricia Kiley, University of Wisconsin
- Robert Landick, University of Wisconsin
- Philip Matsumura, University of Illinois-Chicago
- Amy Vollmer, Swarthmore College
PortEco search simultaneously searches many different web resources, displaying summary information and providing links to more detailed information at each of these resources.
Gene product information
- Displays summary information from "gene pages" and/or "protein pages" at several different resources.
- Displays information about how a gene is expressed.
Pathways and Interactions
- Displays information about metabolic pathways and physical and functional interactions between gene products.
Protein 3D structure
- Displays information about the three-dimensional molecular structure of proteins.
- Displays information about homologous genes (genes that evolved from a common ancestor) and the evolutionary relationships between them.
- PANTHER, a database of protein phylogenetic trees, orthologs, and functional evolution of genes
- Search results of PortEco community features:
- Search results of curated E. coli publications stored at EcoliWiki.
- PortEco:Expression holds post-publication microarray gene expression data from E. coli experiments. Our goal is to provide free access to all published E. coli expression data.
- Chemical Genomics Data can be viewed for data from Nichols et al. (2010) Phenotypic Landscape of a Bacterial Cell. Cell 143, 1097–1109.
PortEco search simultaneously searches many different web resources, displaying summary information and providing links to more detailed information at each of these resources. You can enter a topic, gene, etc. in the search bar at the top of the page of PortEco site to search. For more information, see PortEco Search Help.
Add links to additional pages describing success stories here.
See Help:References for how to manage references in EcoliWiki.