|Quickview||Gene||Gene Product(s)||Expression||Evolution||On One Page|
ECK4336, b4346, JW5871, rglB, rglB
McrBC restriction endonuclease, catalytic subunit; 5-methylcytosine-specific; requires GTP, inhibited by ATP
|Function from GO||
See Help:Quickview for help with entering information in the Quickview table.
McrB-S is an alternative product initiating at codon 162. McrB-S is seen in some overexpression constructs but has not yet been observed as a native protein. McrB-S has no known function.
In vitro, purified McrBs modulates the cleavage activity of McrBC, probably through binding to McrC.,
- Riley, M. et al. (2006) Nucleic Acids Res 34:1-6 (corrected supplemental data from B. Wanner)
- EcoCyc (release 10.6; 2007) Keseler, IM et al. (2005) Nucleic Acids Res. 33(Database issue):D334-7
- EcoCyc (release 11.1; 2007) Keseler, IM et al. (2005) Nucleic Acids Res. 33(Database issue):D334-7
- EcoGene: Rudd, KE (2000) EcoGene: a genome sequence database for Escherichia coli K-12. Nucleic Acids Res 28:60-4.
- Panne, D et al. (1998) McrBs, a modulator peptide for McrBC activity. EMBO J. 17 5477-83 PubMed EcoliWiki page